West Philadelphia is Ward 24, as outlined on the map.
The Act of Consolidation, passed by the state legislature in 1854, provided that the city of Philadelphia, as limited by the charter of 1789, should be enlarged by taking in all the territory within the county of Philadelphia. The next year, in 1855, R. L. Barnes published this map based on original surveys and official records. It was printed by Wagner & McGuigan. This large (58.8" x 49.5") colored wall map, with several vignettes, was apparently the first map published after the consolidation.